We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
We Offer Effective and Affordable Teeth Whitening in New Lenox
Even with good oral hygiene, stains can accumulate on our teeth and cause the enamel to appear yellow or dingy. If you are embarrassed by your discolored teeth, our teeth bleaching dentist can help you achieve a brighter, more youthful smile. Call our office today to learn more about our fast, affordable, and effective teeth whitening procedure.
How Do Your Teeth Whitening Products Work?
Our in-office whitening process uses a very concentrated bleaching gel to remove built-up stains from your tooth enamel. Unlike do-it-yourself whitening options, our power bleaching procedure provides dramatic results that you will see immediately. The procedure is performed under controlled conditions, and our experienced dentist monitors each step of the process to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the results.
Which Teeth Whitening Solution Is Right for Me?
Our cosmetic teeth whitening procedure is appropriate for most patients and will safely remove many common types of dental stains. Before starting the procedure, our dentist will examine your teeth to determine the cause of your discoloration and help you find the whitening procedure that is the right one for you.
When Is Professional Teeth Whitening Not Recommended?
Power bleaching is contraindicated in certain circumstances, such as:
- The teeth whitening procedure will not remove stains caused by certain medications, like tetracycline.
- The whitening procedure will not correct discoloration caused by decay, damaged fillings, or other problems involving the tooth structure.
- The whitening procedure will not alter the color of crowns, fillings, veneers, or other dental restorations. The material used for restorations will stay the same color even though the natural tooth enamel will become lighter. Some of our patients choose to replace their restorations following the bleaching process so they will match their whitened natural teeth.
Is There an Effective Option for Teeth Whitening at Home?
In addition to our in-office whitening procedure, we also offer patients the convenience of whitening their teeth at home using our personalized teeth whitening kits. These kits are put together by our dentist and offer several advantages over the do-it-yourself options available:
- We will take impressions of your teeth to make sure that your whitening trays fit properly for more consistent results.
- Each kit comes with a professional-strength whitening gel similar to that used during our in-office procedure.
- We will provide you with detailed instructions on how to use your kit for optimal results.
Most patients wear their trays for an hour a day. When used as directed for two weeks, it may be possible to brighten your teeth up to six shades.
How Expensive Is Cosmetic Teeth Whitening?
It is important to note that cosmetic teeth whitening is not covered by most dental insurance plans. Your final cost will depend on several factors, including:
- The type of whitening system required to treat your specific type of discoloration
- The number of treatments required to achieve the desired results
- The need for additional appointments or treatments to repair dental restorations or correct other dental issues
Can I Whiten My Teeth without Seeing a Teeth Bleaching Dentist?
We see patients every day who try to save money by whitening their teeth at home using over-the-counter products. The products we use during our teeth whitening procedure are much stronger and will provide faster and more reliable results, all under the supervision of an expert dentist. Do-it-yourself products are also prone to inconsistent results, which can result in a blotchy appearance, or damage your teeth and gums if used incorrectly. For the best results whitening teeth at home, we recommend our professional-grade whitening kits.
Is the Teeth Whitening Process Painful?
The teeth whitening process is simple and painless. Following is an overview of what you can expect during your appointment:
- We will prep your teeth by cleaning them and checking for any dental problems that could affect the outcome of the bleaching process.
- We will take some pictures of your teeth to make it easier to track the progress of your treatment.
- After placing a cheek retractor in your mouth to expose your teeth, the dentist will apply a protectant to your gums to shield them from the bleaching gel.
- The dentist will apply one or more coats of bleaching gel to your teeth. Each coat is left in place for a short time and then removed. Depending on the type of gel being used, the dentist may also use a special light to enhance the effect.
- After each coat of gel, the dentist will compare your tooth color to the baseline photos to determine if you need further treatments.
Where Can I Get Teeth Whitening in New Lenox?
To learn more about our whitening procedure or get an estimate of your teeth bleaching cost, call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists.